Carving snow sculptures – the team event in winter
Become a snow artist – together with your team, grab the tools and follow instructions to skilfully turn the compact blocks of snow into a work of art. Whether under guidance or freestyling – who can create the best snow sculpture?
Snow sculptures have been part of our igloos now for 20 years. Each year, snow artists from around the world decorate our igloo villages with unique designs made out of snow and ice. Thanks to their experience, our guides will teach you the theory and technique in a relaxed way. What to expect:
- Preparation: our guide takes you to the blocks of snow available, explains to you about the snow conditions and how to use the various tools.
- Design: together you’ll decide whether you want to carve a simple, medium-level or difficult design. Our guide has various templates. Nothing suitable? Then let your creativity run wild.
- Implementation: saw, grind, carve. With the right tool, the template of your choice and the expert support of our guide, you’ll create your unique ice sculpture.
- Presentation: as soon as you’ve finished carving and touching up the sculpture, you’ll present your result to the whole group. Who carved the best snow sculpture?
Our guides will provide the right tools and perfect blocks of snow. But that’s not enough on its own. As a snow artist, you too have to be kitted out for the winter conditions:
- Clothing: warm winter clothes
- Shoes: winter shoes or walking boots
- Cold: gloves and hat
- Sun: ski or sun glasses, sun protection
As standard, mountain railway tickets as well as food and drinks are not included for snow sculpting. But we’re happy to offer you additional services so that your team event isn’t lacking anything.
- Costs: from CHF 89.- / € 76.- per person
- Services: snow block, support and instructions from a guide, carving material, schnapps
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Participants: from 4 people
- Requirements: enjoying the snow