General Terms and Conditions
1. Subject of the contract and contract conclusion
24 hours after receiving the order-confirmation via e-mail a contract between you (hereinafter: "the customer") and Iglu-Dorf GmbH (hereinafter: "the organiser") is concluded. The present general terms and conditions form an integral part of the contract concluded between the customer and the organiser and they govern the legal relationship between the customer and the organiser. We therefore kindly ask you to read them carefully. Separate terms and conditions apply to all services of partner companies of the organiser. The customer is responsible for the entire booking process and undertakes to provide all participants with the general terms and conditions.
We advise you to take out cancellation insurance so that you are covered in the event of illness, accident etc. The customer is responsible for taking out the insurance. The cancellation fees are based on the date the organiser received the cancellation notice.
The general cancellation fees in accordance with the table listing apply.
Additionally, the following conditions apply:
- Hotel bookings within an event are defined as a hotel service (for example exclusive rent of the hotel rooms)
- External costs will be charged for the full price
- If you postpone your overnight stay up to 15 days / event activities up to 7 days before the booked date, we charge a surcharge plus a CHF 30 (EUR 20) processing fee per person. Downgrades or postponements less than 15 days in the case of overnight stays / less than 7 days in the case of event activities before the booked date will be treated as cancellations.
- If the booking was made through a commission partner or paid for with the voucher of a commission partner, up to 80% of the booking amount will be refunded from the date of the booking.
- Payment transaction charges (bank, postal, credit card, ...) will be added to the cancellation fees.
- If you cancel an order that was paid by credit card, the money will be refunded to the credit card used for payment.
- If you cancel an overnight stay that had already been postponed, we charge a cancellation fee of 100%.
- A reduction of the order value by more than 20% is treated as a cancellation.
- Vouchers cannot be reimbursed for cash, even once the booking has been cancelled.
3. Late arrival
If Customer arrives late or fails to appear, for example due to poor road conditions, heavy traffic etc., 100% of the total amount will be withheld. Any additional costs incurred by Customer as a result of postponement or late arrival shall be borne by Customer. If Customer only joins an activity after its commencement or departs before its completion, there shall be no claim to a refund.
Therefore be generous in your planning and heed the times specified in the directions.
4. Cancellations by Operator
The organiser reserves the right to cancel the entire event or parts thereof due to suspension of the mountain railway service (wind, avalanches etc.) or due to a lack of snow. If Operator is required to cancel the event on the booked date, it shall offer to Customer an alternative of equal value within the range of reasonable possibilities. If customer refuses, he will be refunded 100% of the booking amount in the case of bookings of overnight accommodation. The organiser will cancel the event no later than midday on the day of the event. The organiser will not cover travel expenses or accommodation expenses. With regard to event services, 95% of the booking costs will be reimbursed, minus any external costs already incurred. Operator shall make notification of cancellations by telephone. A telephone number via which Customer can also be reached on the day of departure shall be given to the booking office.
In order to prevent natural hazards, the Zugspitze Igloo-Village may have to be evacuated during avalanche blasting. The evacuation may occur in the middle of the night, possibly without the option to return to the Igloo-Village. No claim can be made for such an interruption of the stay.
Where non-standardised options are offered, in the event of a cancellation by Operator on the grounds of poor weather conditions, suspension of the mountain railway service, lack of snow etc. the services rendered up to the cancellation shall be invoiced.
Insurance for loss or damage caused by accident, illness, cancellation, etc. is the responsibility of Customer. We recommend you for example Allianz Global Assitance.
6. State of health of the participants
A good level of health is a requirement for all activities. The participants undertake to notify Operator of any potential health issues in good time. Participation in an activity under the influence of drugs and excessive alcohol consumption or under psychotropic drugs or similar is not permitted.
The stay in the Igloo-Village and the arrival and departure are at Customer’s sole risk.
Operator rejects all liability for theft, damage or other loss for objects brought along by Customer. Operator further rejects all liability for damage and detriments of any kind that are not attributable to any fault, or merely to minimal fault, of Operator or its employees.
In the case of cancellations by Operator, Operator shall be liable in such cases only to the level of total amount paid.
Any claims must be made immediately, and no later than 30 days after departure, in writing to Operator.
Customer shall be liable to Operator for damage and losses to Operator’s material caused by him/her, his/her employees or participants.
The Igloo-Villages are re-erected each year and are subject to change during the operating phase. Images used for communication purposes are taken from previous seasons.
Changes to products and services may occur after the copy deadline for individual pages. The information and data on these pages do not represent a warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
9. Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
Swiss law applies exclusively to the present contractual relationship. The place of jurisdiction is the registered office of Iglu-Dorf GmbH. The ineffectiveness of individual provisions of the contract shall not invalidate the entire contract. The parties to the contract shall deal with each other fairly and with loyalty and are required to settle claims, complaints and disagreements etc. in good faith through fair and objective discussions and direct round table negotiations.